Current parent courses
All of our courses are free to parents living in Hertfordshire, and are run by us – Francine and Lesley. We offer a range of topics to help parents to navigate the challenges of daily life.
Over the past 13 years, 95 per cent of our parent attendees would highly recommend our services to other parents.
Due to the current COVID19 pandemic, all our courses are being run online via Zoom.
A proven evidence-based and behavioural approach to help families get a better nights’ sleep. Together, in small interactive groups Lesley and Francine, who are licensed sleep practitioners with a wealth of experience, will help parents to restore healthy sleep. This course includes:
- Understanding the stages of sleep and impact of sleep deprivation on children’s behaviour and learning
- Identifying the causes of sleep difficulties including a child’s sensory sensitivities
- Supported to find ways to bring balance to your child’s sleep issues
- Tips and ideas that help children go to sleep and stay asleep
- Understanding and managing sleep problems such as night terrors and night mares
- Learn how to actively listen and respond empathically to children to reduce concerns and feelings such as anxiety
- Helping parents to create a routine & sleep induced environment to aid healthy sleep for the whole family
Free for parents living in Hertfordshire only
Parents must attended all five sessions Thursdays 12-2pm
Thursday 25th February 2021 – March 25th 2021
Limited places available
Parenting with empathy
A proven therapeutic approach to increase positive family communication to manage behaviours that challenge, reducing behaviours that challenge and building your family’s emotional wellbeing.
- What empathic listening is and how and why it builds strong attachments in families.
- Encouraging families to build a positive emotional language when managing anger and/or ’emotional traffic jams’.
- Using Empathy to set clear expectations and boundaries to enable children to feel safe.
- Delivered by trained and experienced facilitators, Francine and Lesley with over 20 years of personal and professional experience that is shared calmly, with clarity and in a non-judgemental and supportive environment.
- Parents must be prepared to attend all sessions and live in the designated areas.
Parents must be able to attend all sessions, Mondays 9.30am – 11.30am
For parents in DSPL8 area only
January 18th, 25th
Parents must be able to attend all sessions. Mondays 12 – 2pm
For parents in DSPL8 area only
March 1st, 8th, 15th
Handling anger in your family
A FREE 6 Week Handling Anger in your family (with primary aged children) for parents living in Hertfordshire via ZOOM (free downloadable app)
This CANparent quality mark course is for parents of primary aged children, and provides practical and proven techniques to reduce angry meltdowns in your family. The very popular, effective and award winning course offers:
- Gain greater understanding of how anger and other emotions live in your family
- Increase your understanding of triggers that cause angry outbursts
- Learn healthy anger management strategies for children & parents to reduce angry outbursts
- Discover creative ways to support children to ‘let go’ of anger safely
- Gain effective empathic communication techniques to reduce angry outbursts
- Meet and share experiences with other parents
Tuesday evenings 6.30-8.30pm. Parents must be able to attend each session.
January 5th 12th 19th 26th
February 2nd 9th
Limited spaces available.
Tuesday mornings 9.30-11.30am. Parents must be able to attend each session
February 2021 23rd
March 2021 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
Limited spaces available. Book directly via Eventbrite